Posted by:S. G. Raja Sekharan
My readers would know that I had in Q1 2015, bought a one-acre fam land in a community called Blooms Ecovillage. Here the farming work is out sourced to the developer of the community, who happens to be my friend Johny. For the past few months, I have been enjoying and sharing the fruits of nature without actually putting in too much hard work. This community now has appx. 30 likeminded people and a few more will join – there is a shortage of land already as the local farmers have raised the prices in the area and are not willing to sell. Here are some photos of the place:This is me plucking tomatoes grown in my farm (this we distributed to all the friends we knew and still had more - ran out of friends to give it to :-))
Now there is a proposal to add a few more facilities and make it into a kind of rural resort – where about 10 families can come and stay and enjoy nature and also take home produce from the farm. Towards this, Johny has come with a proposal that broadly looks as follows:
• For an investment of Rs 35 lacs, you will get a quarter acre land (slightly more than 10,000 sq ft) and a 1000 sq ft -two-bedroom house. This amount needs to be paid over a period of 7-9 months.
• Some banks are willing to fund this as a home loan and Johny can help you in this area.
• Once the final amount is paid, Johny will pay you a rent of Rs. 17,500 per month for the next three years. This is three times a typical rent that you get in a city like Bangalore for a Rs 35 lac house.
• Post three years, you have an option to renegotiate the rent and let Johny manage it or take it back and use it for your own use.
• During this three years, you can come and stay in this place or in other resorts owned by Johny in Wayanad for 24 days per year.
• Johny will share the finer details if you are interested.
So if you dream of having a weekend farm house off Bangalore - but are not able to do it as you do not have the time and energy to maintain it - here is a good option that also pays you a good rent.
Please write to Johny directly at firstname.lastname@example.org - he will be more than happy to share more details and show you the place.