I am sharing some “very less known” quotes from Warren Buffet. Hope you enjoy these quotes.
- When I was sixteen, I had just two things on my mind -girls and cars. I wasn’t very good with girls. So I thought about cars. I thought about girls too, but I had more luck with cars. Let’s say that when I turned sixteen, a genie had appeared to me. And that genie said, “Warren, I am going to give you the car of your choice. It will be here tomorrow with a big bow tied on it. Brand new. And it’s all yours.” Having heard all the genie stories, I would say, “What’s the catch?” And the genie would answer, “There’s only one catch. This is the last car you’re ever going to get in your life. So it’s got to last a life time.” If that had happened, I would have picked out that car. But, can you imagine, knowing that it had to last a lifetime, what would I do with it? I would read the manual about five times. I would always keep it garaged. If there was the least little dent or scratch, I’d have it fixed right away because I wouldn’t want it rusting. I would baby that car, because it would have to last a lifetime. That’s exactly the position you are in concerning your mind and body. You only get one mind and one body. And it’s got to last a lifetime. Now it is very easy to let them ride for many years. But if you don’t take care of that mind and that body, they will be a wreck forty years later, just like the car would be. It’s what you do right now, that determines how your mind and body will operate ten, twenty, and thirty years from now.
- The only way to get love is to be lovable. It’s very irritating if you have a lot of money. You’d like to think you could write a cheque: “I’ll buy a million dollars’ worth of love.” But it doesn’t work that way. The more you give love away, the more you get.
- Basically when you get to my age, you’ll really measure your success in life by how many of the people you want to have love you actually do love you.
- It is not greed that drives the world, but envy.
- The best thing I did was to choose the right heroes.
- Tell me who your heroes are, and I’ll tell you how you’ll turn out to be.
- There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like, because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?
- You’ve gotta keep control of your time and you can’t unless you say "no". You can’t let people set your agenda in life
- The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say “no” to almost everything.
- You only have to do a very few things right in your life, so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.
- I have only one house, that I bought 55 years ago. It’s warm in the winter; it’s cool in the summer. It has everything I wanted, plus it has all kinds of good memories. Like my kids, I have good thoughts about that. I can’t imagine living any better.
- We don’t buy or sell stocks based upon what other people think the stock market is going to do, but rather upon what we think the company is going to do. The course of the stock market will determine to a great degree, when we will be right, but the accuracy of our analysis of the company will largely determine whether we will be right. In other words, we tend to concentrate on what should happen, not when it should happen.
Wishing you a very happy, prosperous and memorable year ahead.
- Our investments are simply not aware that it takes 365-1/4 days for the earth to make it around the sun.